Saturday, April 9, 2016

Excursie #6 - Den Haag (in het Nederlands!)

Okay here goes my first blog post in Dutch ... This HAS BEEN a goal of mine since the beginning of the semester - to be bootable to communicate in Dutch, even just a little bit.

Okay, my first blog that I write in Dutch. Thursday I was in The Hague with other students from SPICE. It was a fun day because we saw  the second chamber (parliament), lots of art, the sea, and Madurodam (small Netherlands). My favorite was Madurodam. But the second room was also nice because we saw Geert Wilders (He is the Donald Trump of the Netherlands!).

The Hague is near Rotterdam, but is not close to Zwolle - a two-hour train. But two hours is nothing after my trips to Scandinavia.

The Hague is "political heart" of the Netherlands. We walked through the second Kamar. We saw a debate with the Minister of Justice (and Geert Wilders was there).

This is Geert Wilders.
This is the second kamar (Madurodam)






















The sea.
People do their feet in the sea. It was cold!!!! I did not. But it was nice to see the sea.

small Zwolle



Madurodam was my favorite! All of Netherlands in one place! Groningen, Zwolle, Utrecht, Schiphol, Amsterdam, Rotterdam. I'm bigger than the buildings there. Nice!


















Many people look at work like for the girl with the pearl. The girl with the pearl is a small work of art so it was hard to see over people. I love the work with the cows! It was great. Artists have a lot of patience and time to create a masterpiece. Wow! Beautiful!

An important work of art
Another important work of art. The girl with the pearl. 























-------

Lord thank you for-allowing me to learn so many new things this semester! Continue to expand my understanding of the world!

#katiespiceurope
#excursions
#dutch

No comments:

Post a Comment