Wednesday, January 6, 2016

3 - 2 - 1 Take Off!

Nigeria 2011
“Oh the places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss
And, we're off! As this post publishes I am most likely over the Atlantic ocean trying to catch some zzz's. I'm ready for a wonderful adventure to travel, learn, explore. Several have already said "you'll learn more about yourself and the country you are from when you travel." Saint Augustine is quoted saying, "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." I want to read as many pages as I can, I will never stop reading. Eventually, I'll have to read second hand through my kids, but I will always hunger for more of this book!
 
Nigeria 2011


This isn't my first trip over seas. I went to Nigeria in 2011 on a medical mission trip, so I am familiar with going through customs, passport security, and navigating different airports. Despite this experience, I am still anxious. I am anxious to see if anything has changed and if I remember things correctly. I am anxious to get on with this adventure and fill my brain with a new pages of the world book!

Mark Twain states, "Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all of one's lifetime."

James Michener states "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay at home."

I don't want to stay at home, that is why I chose to go on SPICE. Lord, open my eyes to see your people and to explore your creation so I may grow closer to you in your Kingdom here on earth. Here's to my journey where I aim not to be afraid of the unknown, but I aim to embrace the differences.
"Afoot and light-hearted I take to the open road,  
Healthy, free, the world before me,  
The long brown path before me leading wherever I choose." 
-- Walt Whitman

#AdventureTime
#katiespiceurope

No comments:

Post a Comment